This is one of them. It doesn't give you all necessary steps, but rather some goods tips concerning all possible areas based on author's personal experience.
- Don't care what other people think of you
- Do not compare yourself with others. Your life is unique.
- Reduce your own demands on your personality.
- Slow down. Relax. Do not put much stress on you. Get enough of sleep (if you can).
- Practise some sport. Exercise. It will be beneficial to your body in many ways.
- Do what you like. Try to find such activities and integrate them into your daily life.
- Ignore negative thoughts (read another post)
- Go outside to nature and get some sunbathing. There is a proven link between sunlight exposure and depression diminishing.
- Try to figure out what caused your depression (e.i. your attitude or personal trait) and make changes accordingly (read another post)
- Behave assertively
- Don't stay alone. Get some social support such as family, friends or even join some group psychotherapy or support group. (read another post)
- Learn to reduce your over-responsibility. You do not have to be burdened by so many worries.
- Eat healthy - it can involve for example adding some Omega-3 fatty acids. But in general what matters is eating regularly, healthy and proportionately.
- Find a specialist if you haven't done so so far. At the beginning professional treatment can be the only way out of the depression.
- Learn to pamper yourself. Reward yourself for achieving any goals.
Do you have remarks on this? Share them in comments below.
We will be elaborating on these items in future so stay tuned and good luck in your depression recovery.
|The beauty of nature can sometimes make our suffering more bearable|